Call For Presentations
Proposal Submission Deadline: Jun 1, 2019
The Conference Planning Committee is currently soliciting presentation proposals for the 2019 IIUG Informix Conference. The conference provides a forum for the exchange of information among Informix DBAs and developers and is the premier technical Informix event of the year.
This is your opportunity to share your expertise with a global audience of Informix enthusiasts. If you are selected as a speaker, you will receive a complimentary all-conference pass.
General Subject Areas
The Committee is looking for content that will be of interest to all audience levels. Subjects related to all current Informix and Informix-heritage products, or products that operate in those environments such as other IBM products, third party, Open Source and cross-platform products are welcome.
Following are some suggested subject areas, although new ideas and original content are definitely encouraged.
- Introductory topics such as Informix database design concepts and terminology, installation and configuration, and the use of stored procedures and triggers
- Application development tools and methodologies, application and database architecture, extensibility, and maximizing application and SQL performance
- Database and data warehouse design and administration, performance monitoring and tuning, backup and restore strategies, and security
- Aspects of Informix that provide a distinct edge in application development and processing, or that enable emerging technologies and new capabilities
- Advanced topics that include real-life development or support scenarios and offer a practical approach to solving Informix-related challenges
Topics relevant to today's environment and of interest to conference attendees include, but are not limited to:
- Database Essentials
- Application and Database Architecture
- Installation, Configuration and Administration
- Performance Tuning and Monitoring
- Application and Query Optimization
- Stored Procedures, Triggers, Datablades and UDRs
- Development Languages, Tools and Web Programming
- Linux and Open Source
- XML, SOA and Web Services
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Mobile Applications
- Location-Based Services
- Encryption, Auditing and Security Compliance
- Continuous Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Practical Tips and Tricks from a User Perspective
- Real-Life Experiences and Case Studies
- Your presentation should be no longer than 60 minutes in length, including time for questions and answers.
- Digital projection equipment will be provided, but you must use your own laptop for the presentation.
- Internet connectivity in the session rooms is not guaranteed. Do not count on it for your presentation.
- The content of your presentation must be of a technical nature on a specific subject and may not contain overt attempts to sell a particular product. Technical descriptions of products are welcomed, but not simply marketing presentations.
- Sessions may have more than one presenter. If you will have a co-presenter, please enter their name and e-mail address on the presentation proposal form.
- IBM speakers must present at least two sessions.
- A complimentary all-conference pass will be given to each non-IBM/HCL primary presenter. This pass will provide access to all Conference sessions, events, meals and breaks. Presenters will be responsible for their transportation, lodging and non-conference meal costs. The IIUG only covers the cost of the conference pass.
- Passes will be given on a per-person basis. Passes may not be shared or transferred to non-presenting or co-presenting attendees. Co-presenters do not receive free passes.
- You must clear your presentation with your employer and certify that you have permission to speak at the conference. The IIUG assumes no responsibility in any matters between you and your employer.
Applying to Present
You will receive acknowledgement of your submission by e-mail. If you are submitting more than one session proposal, please submit a separate form for each presentation.
|Proposal Submission Deadline|| ||June 1, 2019|
|Speaker Notification via Email|| ||June 22, 2019|
|Draft Presentations Due|| ||July 22, 2019|
|Final Presentations Due || ||August 22, 2019|
|Conference|| || Sept 22-26 , 2019 |